The PE and Sport Premium was introduced by the government to support schools in making additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the PE, physical activity and sport offered. Schools have the flexibility to use the funding in a way that works best for their pupils, ensuring that all young people have the opportunity to live healthy and active lives.
Sporting opportunities are actively encouraged and developed at Sytchampton and our children participate in weekly lessons, coaching sessions, after school clubs and a range of competitions. Our school PE and sport development priorities are based on our school context and identified pupil need. These include:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
All documents on this page are pdf files.