PLACES AVAILABLE FOR RECEPTION INTAKE 2024 and in some other year groups. Please contact the school office to arrange to visit and see what we have to offer!

Special Educational Needs and Disability - Access and Inclusion

At Sytchampton, we work incredibly hard to ensure that we provide a happy and nurturing environment, where all pupils will grow and flourish, regardless of their barriers.  We believe that working with parents and developing strong relationships are the key to unlocking every child's potential.
If you have any concerns about your child's needs, then please do not hesitate to contact our Special Educational Needs Coordinator, Mrs Lawson.  
What are Special Needs or Disabilities?
Special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) can affect a child or young person’s ability to learn. They can affect their:
  • behaviour or ability to socialise, for example they struggle to make friends
  • reading and writing, for example because they have dyslexia
  • ability to understand things
  • concentration levels, for example because they have ADHD
  • physical ability
Support Your Child Can Receive

Your child may be eligible for:

  • SEN Support - support given in school, like speech therapy
  • An Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)  - a plan of care for children and young people aged up to 25 who have more complex needs

If you or your child got support before September 2014, this will continue until your local council changes it to an EHCP plan.

For more detailed information, please do take a look through our Offer and Policies below or contact the school via the office on
Complaints about SEND Support
If you are not happy with the support that your child is receiving, then please speak to our Special Educational Needs Coordinator, Mrs Laura Lawson by contacting the Office on 01905 620418 or
If you then feel that you wish to escalate the matter further, please follow the below steps:
  • Make a formal complaint using the school's complaints procedure (See Policies and Documents Page on website)
  • Contact the Local Authority (see below link)
You may also wish to seek support and advice from SENDIASS using the below link.